Friday, March 11, 2016

Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone

There is a Tony Robbin's quote that I keep on my kitchen counter.  It reads: "Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone."  This place beyond is where we grow and become stronger and where we learn about life and living and others.


The new man in my life noticed and read aloud that quote last weekend.  My response was, Yes.  I am a normally chatty person but didn't have anything to add at the time.  He did not ask or say more - not unusual since he is a quiet person.

But I have been looking at that quote closer this week.  Perhaps because it was a week where I was stretched even more.  It was uncomfortable - on the edge of painful - but I realized that getting through this week will result in a greater ease in previously demanding situations.  And I am not even through the week yet - I still have a stretch to my comfort zone later today.  

I am learning to embrace the difficult and realize that it is fun and exciting to push at my self-imposed limitations.  Why not just smile, hug myself and step forward - even if it feels like there might not be a step there?  There is a step even though I might not see it right away.  It takes trust and faith and some days will be easier to do that than others.  But that is okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment